Peanut Bellpepper/Capsicum Curry

   I love Bell pepper, it just adds color to my refrigerator as well as any dish I make with it. I usually make Chettinad style pachadi or mandi with it. Now and then I will add it to tikka, paneer, curry, vegetable biriyani and fried rice.

   I have never tried a curry as such. But yesterday I had no other vegetable except 1 bell pepper that sat in my refrigerator. So I decided to make a curry with it for roti and it turned out soo good and I decided to keep this recipe for ever.

   Here is the recipe...



Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Serving size - 2 -3 people

Ingredients:

For Dry roast and Grinding:

Peanuts - 2 Tbsp
Sesame seeds - 1Tsp
Elachi/Cardamom - 1
Coriander Seeds - 1tsp
Kashmiri Chilly - 2
Red Chilly - 2
Coconut - 1/4 cup

Other

Oil - 1 Tbsp
Cumin seeds/Seeragam - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Finely Chopped Onion - 3/4 - 1cup
Tomato Chopped - 1/2 cup or 1 medium sized
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Bell Pepper - 1
Lemon Juice - 1tsp (optional)
Sugar - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Salt as needed

Steps: 

1. In a heated pan, dry roast all the ingredients mentioned under 'dry roast and grinding' by the same order for about 3-5 minutes. Remember that you don't have to take off the peanut skin. Grind it to a powder.

 2. In a different kadai/pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil and then add 1 tsp of cumin seeds, finely chopped onions and cook until it becomes translucent, add salt and turmeric powder.

3. Add 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste and cook until the raw smell goes away.

4. Add tomatoes and cook until it turns mushy.

5. Add Bell pepper/ Capsicum, add the ground powder and mix everything well.

6. Add 1 to1.5 cups of water and let it boil for 5-10 minutes until Bell Pepper is cooked.

7. Add lemon juice and sugar (This step is optional)

8. Keep it low flame for 5 minutes until  oil separates. Done:) Garnish with cilantro!


Enjoy it with Jeera rice or Roti:) It is absolutely delicious!


Comments

Popular Posts