Beetroot Pulao

This is a one pot, quick, tasty and healthy meal. I am not a big fan of beetroot but this rice is like a wow. I simply loved it. And my kids loved it too. I am definitely going to add this to my weekday meals.
I love one pot rice because it's easy to make and a healthy choice.

Cooking Time : 30
Serving Size - 2-3 People



Ingredients:

1. Basmati Rice - 1 Cup
2. Beetroot - Cut into Cubes - 1/2 Cup
3. Peas - 1/4 Cup
3. Large Onion - 1 sliced
4. Green Chilly - 2 (Adjust based on your spice level)
5. Mint Leaves - Handful
6. Ginger garlic Paste - 1 tsp

Seasoning:

1. Bay Leaf - 1
2. Cinnamon - 1 stick
3. Cardamom - 2
4. Cloves - 3
5. Star Anise - 1
6. Ghee/oil - 1 Tbsp
7. Cashew nuts - 2-3

Steps:

1. In a Pressure cooker heat 1 tbsp of oil and add all the whole spices mentioned under seasoning. Once it started to sputter,

2. Add onions and cook until it become translucent. You can add salt at this point of time.

3. Add gg paste and cook for 1 minute.

4. Add green chillies and Mint Leaves. Cook for a minute.

5. Add the beetroot and peas. Give it a nice stir.

6. Now it's time to add the rice. Mix well.

7. Add water, I added 1 and 1/2 cup of water for 1 cup of rice. Close right away and pressure cook for 2 -3 whistles.

8. Yummy Pulao is ready and enjoy it with Raita. I had some leftover mushroom curry so I had it with it.

Spread the joy:)

Comments

Popular Posts